Should You Buy A Commercial Display Refrigerator?
Think about the last time you were at your favorite restaurant, bakery, etc. Was there a commercial, glass fronted display refrigerator somewhere up front to tempt your taste buds? When restaurants want to feature items or presentations for their customers, these refrigerators are perfect.
But commercial refrigerators aren't for every establishment. We're going to take a look at purchasing a commercial display fridge and some of the pluses and minuses associated with them. This way, it may be just a bit easier to decide whether or not this is a good fit for your establishment.
Why Should You Use a Display Refrigerator?
The benefits of a commercial display refrigerator are many. So that you can better consider the use of one in your restaurant, here are some of the pros:
- Cleaning is easy – Constant cleaning is needed in most commercial refrigerators. But the glass and doors are easy to keep clean on a display fridge. Additionally, without having to get elbow deep in the fridge, you'll be able to give it a good, deep cleaning.
- Displays perfectly – This is the ideal option for displaying your bestsellers, new items, or specials. Your business decor can experience a bit of flair with an aesthetically pleasing display of your wares.
- Awesome marketing tool – Is there a particular product that you'd like to promote because you’ve got a lot of it or for some other reason? The perfect way to do so is through a marketing tool like a display fridge. What you have to offer can be beautifully displayed to attract the attention of your valuable customers and promote sales.
- Efficiency – No more closing or opening the fridge to see what needs replacing, what you're running low on, etc. That means more efficient energy usage.
Why You Might Forgo A Display Fridge
As awesome as these glass door refrigerators are, they might not be a perfect fit for every location. Here are a couple of possible downsides to the display fridge:
- Smaller than some commercial fridges and certainly smaller than a walk-in – To keep large quantities of food, particularly if you buy in bulk, this is not the fridge in which to do that.
- You may not have the right place for a display fridge – These are refrigerators that are meant to be looked into, especially where customers are concerned. If you don't have a lot of space in your establishment, you may not have room or the right circumstances for a commercial display fridge.
- Condensation may be a problem – Some locations have a bigger problem with condensation than do others. Condensation in a commercial fridge is usually hidden, but in glass door refrigerators, not so much. The whole point of a beautiful display will be lost if the door is covered with condensation. It's also not good for this type of fridge.
Get Your Commercial Display Refrigerator Today!
Ancaster Food Equipment offers a wide selection of one, two, and three-door refrigerators and coolers which feature large glass doors to display your products. We refurbish True® Glass Door commercial fridges so that they are restored to like-new condition and ready to use. Click here to learn more about why we recommend these high-quality commercial display refrigerators and freezers.
Additional questions? Contact us to speak to a representative today.