Top 5 Benefits to Buying a Refurbished Commercial Freezer
A smart business owner is always looking for ways to stretch their dollar. That’s why buying a refurbished commercial freezer could be a viable choice if you own a business. The right freezer could be the difference between success or breaking even.
As with making any major decision around purchasing an investment, you always have the option to buy new or refurbished. There are many benefits associated with purchasing a remanufactured commercial freezer.
If you’re a small business looking to upgrade from a residential freezer (the one attached to your fridge), this might be an excellent upgrade for you. Or, if you’re tight on cash, you don’t have to compromise between a residential or commercial freezer due to the high price point. Starting up a restaurant comes at a high cost. This is why many restaurant owners go the refurbished route to buy most of their restaurant and kitchen equipment.
Why buy a commercial freezer?
A commercial freezer is not only a great asset to a restaurant owner, but if you love to cook as a hobby, have a large family, or you operate a small business from your home, you might appreciate all the added space.
One of the biggest advantages of investing in a commercial freezer is the space that it can offer you. It can solve all your food storage problems with ease. And because of the technological advances we have enjoyed in the twentieth century, you can rely on commercial freezers to keep your food frozen even in the hottest temperatures. It is reliable and can handle all the challenges associated with running a food business.
This is crucial when your livelihood depends on the quality of your food! Serving spoiled food will most certainly ruin your reputation. This is why choosing a high-quality fridge, refurbished or not, is essential.
The 5 Benefits Associated With Purchasing a Commercial Freezer
1. You save money
One of the biggest benefits when choosing to purchase a refurbished commercial freezer is that it can save you a significant amount of money upfront. The initial investment may not be so daunting after considering the difference in prices between new and refurbished. Depending on who you are purchasing from, you can also negotiate those prices even lower if need be. Since you will save money, it can go towards other things you need and help to stretch your budget even further.
2. Your equipment will depreciate less
The moment you unbox a new commercial freezer and place it on the lot, it loses hundreds of dollars in value. It will also lose value when a newer model comes out. When you go the refurbished route, it will keep its value more or less, which is another great benefit if you plan to resell in the future.
3. You still have a tonne of options
Many other individuals and businesses purchase commercial freezers that they don’t end up needing in the long run. Many of these purchases are brand new commercial freezers with light to minimal wear and tear that work perfectly fine.
4. You will help the environment
Reduce, reuse and recycle! By buying a refurbished freezer, you will positively contribute to the environment by not creating more waste for the planet.
5. You may still be able to enjoy a warranty or guarantee on your refurbished freezer
While you might not be able to find a refurbished commercial freezer with the same warranty as a new one, the seller you buy it from might have other warranties or guarantees that they can offer you. Most vendors can provide you with an extended warranty on the unit you’re purchasing, and they may even offer you discounts on repairs or maintenance down the line.
Refurbished Commercial Freezer Care and Maintenance
Whether you buy brand new or refurbished, you’ll want to take good care of your investment by caring for it properly. We recommend you create a routine around maintaining your refurbished commercial freezer, and this includes planning scheduled maintenance visits from a commercial kitchen appliance repair professional.
Any kitchen appliance is prone to rust and wear and tear over time. Be sure to spot clean any spills or messes that might happen during the daily hustle and bustle. You can reserve a deep clean for times you are less busy. You can also create a checklist to be sure that you are following through every time.
Tips on Buying a Refurbished Commercial Freezer
- Select the right size and door style for your needs. Consider the space you have available — would a sliding or swinging door be best? For size, determine how much food you need to store before opting for a one, two, or three-door freezer.
- Inquire about the unit quality. Will the unit's quality meet your expectations? Our refurbished commercial freezers look and work like new. We replace all parts with new components, including a new compressor. We have a whole team of detailing staff that clean, touch up, repaint and re-vinyl the units.
- Buy from a trusted seller like Ancaster Food Equipment. While you can try and find one on Craigslist or Kijiji, you should look for trusted and certified refurbished commercial appliances from manufacturers and authorized dealers.
- Does the unit include warranty and maintenance? If you were to run into any problems or your appliance breaks down, you’d want to fix the problem right away before it can get worse. With Ancaster Food Equipment, every freezer comes with a 2-year parts and labour warranty, along with a 5-year warranty on the compressor. This means we’ll arrange a technician when needed, while the unit is under warranty.
Wanting to lessen the burden of financial costs when it comes to buying appliances is understandable. This is why you must weigh out the pros and cons and consider all of your options, like buying a refurbished commercial freezer instead of a new one. Now that you know the benefits of purchasing a remanufactured commercial freezer, you can be confident with the decision you make for your future and the future of your business or household.
For more information about buying a commercial freezer, call Ancaster Food Equipment at 855-888-9644 or contact us here.